Mathematics is a form of reasoning and an ability to problem solve. At Kirkland Math Tutor we offer one-on-one specialized and custom tutoring tailored to you or your child’s needs and goals out of our Kirkland, WA location. Upon an initial free thirty minute consultation we will figure out the best plan of action. We work with students as young as 10 and all the way up to adults. Our tutors are highly experienced, qualified, and professional. We believe that with the proper instruction, everyone has the ability to be successful in math. And with success, confidence follows! You will notice a change in your child’s attitude towards math.
We Find the Root Cause of the Struggle:
- We identify the root of your child’s struggle and begin there.
- Carefully designed worksheets ensure math concepts are mastered.
- Your child learns by doing, not by being fed information.
- Over time, your kids study grade levels ahead of their peers.
We Build a Strong Base:
Parents often choose tutoring in the hopes of quickly eliminating a child’s need for math.
But a short-term fix doesn’t address the fundamental gaps in learning. We recognize that a child’s struggle likely stems from having missed earlier fundamental learning.This may mean taking your child back at first, to ensure this important learning is mastered,before moving forward.
If the missed fundamentals aren’t mastered, it leaves the door open to more struggles in the future and more tutors.
How do we solve this problem?
Your child will first complete an assessment test to:
- measure mastery to date,
- identify gaps in learning,
- and pinpoint the best individualized starting point for your child.
This may be at a level below your expectations, but it’s critical that those gaps be filled first, so your child can better master more advanced concepts as he or she progresses through our program.
How are we different from other tutors?
1 – Self-Learning
- We teach self-learning instead of passive learning.
- Sitting down with your child and explaining how to solve a problem makes the your child a “passive learner,” listening to an explanation with no guarantee that the concept has been fully grasped.
This is why struggles often resurface. Conversely, self-learning keeps your children actively engaged. They learn by studying examples and then are able to do the work on their own. They’re learning by doing, not by watching, and they’re relying on themselves instead of on what the tutor knows.
2 – Keep them advancing
Most tutoring is accomplished when a child catches up. But we feel accomplished when we keep them advancing. It may take longer to see results, but this little bit of study every day and ongoing mastery is how students succeed.
- you not only eliminate homework struggles,
- you also help your child build a foundation of knowledge, independence and confidence that will last a lifetime.
3 – We know how to teach your child math
We will teach your child how to understand math in an individual setting. Our unique approach enables us to effectively explain math concepts and lend a helping hand to every student.
We foster a caring, encouraging environment that helps kids thrive and learn!
4 – Pinpointing your child’s learning needs
We pinpoint your child’s learning needs, meet them where they are, and take them where they need to go.
We continually check progress along the way, to make sure your child truly understands and retains the concepts we have taught.
The results are transformative. Kids will see measurable changes in attitude, confidence, and school progress.
- We will help your child overcome homework frustration.
- We will also set aside time to provide homework help.
- We will help your child understand the homework assignment so they feel better prepared to complete the work at home.
We build math knowledge upon what your child already knows.This helps kids learn quickly and boosts their confidence right away.